Networking is one of those magical skills that all business people know they should be able to do and do well, but the honest truth is that most people don't have a clue how to make their efforts pay off.
- A vital business skill which most people never learn to do well
- Why is networking so important for everyone at every level
- What is networking?
- What it is not?
- The big reasons why most networking fails to produce results
- The real purpose of networking
- How does networking fit with selling and marketing?
- How to create Network Ripple
- How long before you get results?
- The 3 elements of networking
- Target your networking
- What are you aiming for?
- Building multiple strategies
- Logical and illogical strategies
- Formal, informal and online
- Long or short term
- The real reason why you pick only a few targets
- Your message - what do they need to hear?
- The Elevator Pitch myth
- Two points of view
- Interesting, Useful, Important
- What makes you safe?
- What are your credibility questions
- What makes you different?
- What is your personal brand?
- What would others say?
- The six things
- The pros and cons of corporate and industry brands
- Vital first and last impressions
- Breaking into a conversation
- Be valuable
- Be helpful
- The essential follow up
- The 2 keys to networking success
- Be patient and persevere